Camp Piankatank has the finest staff around! We choose counselors who genuinely seek to serve Christ in a camp setting. Being a counselor is one of the most challenging, yet rewarding experiences you will ever be a part of!
The Summer 2023 contract dates are June 4-August 13, with potential to stay longer for some. That’s 8 weeks of camp and 2 weeks of staff training. You will also assist with retreat groups and weekend camps, as needed. During training, we’ll get you prepped to work with and minister to campers all summer long. You’ll receive training and certifications on our challenge course as well as lifeguarding, first aid, and CPR/AED. You’ll also receive training on canoeing, archery, the best field games ever, and other awesome camp activities.
We select our counselors and leadership staff based on certain qualifications, but first and foremost, they must be positive Christian role models who are continually growing in their walk with Christ.
The other things that we look for in all of our staff are:
- At least 18 years old and one year removed from high school for overnight camp counselors
- At least 16 years old for day camp counselors
- A desire to work with children
- An ability to relate to children (playing, talking, goofing off, etc.)
- A willingness and desire to be outside
- A willingness to learn and work very hard
Further information about working as a counselor, contact Kristen Ryan at email@example.com.