Camp Piankatank has the finest staff around! We choose counselors who genuinely seek to serve Christ in a camp setting. Being a counselor is one of the most challenging, yet rewarding experiences you will ever be a part of!
The Summer 2024 contract dates are June 2 -August 11, or you can choose to sign our extended contract which runs June 2 – August 31. That’s 2 weeks of staff training and 8 weeks of camp or the extended contract is 2 weeks of staff training, 8 weeks of camp, and 3 weeks of retreat group help. During training, we’ll get you prepped to work with and minister to campers all summer long. You’ll receive training and certifications on our challenge course as well as lifeguarding, first aid, and CPR/AED. You’ll also receive training on canoeing, archery, the best field games ever, and other awesome camp activities.
We select our counselors and leadership staff based on certain qualifications, but first and foremost, they must be positive Christian role models who are continually growing in their walk with Christ.
The other things that we look for in all of our staff are:
- At least 18 years old and one year removed from high school for overnight camp counselors
- At least 16 years old for day camp counselors
- A desire to work with children
- An ability to relate to children (playing, talking, goofing off, etc.)
- A willingness and desire to be outside
- A willingness to learn and work very hard
Further information about working as a counselor, contact Kristen Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.