Support Camp Piankatank
People are always asking how they might be able to support the ministry of Camp Piankatank. While it can sometimes be hard for us to convey the need appropriately and to speak into what you are passionate about in text form, this is a good start to that. We would love to talk with you further about any of these things below. There are several ways that you can support Camp Piankatank.
Support us through:
First and foremost, we always ask that people pray for us. We want everyone who knows and loves Camp Piankatank to pray for us, because we know that God answers prayers and that He wants to hear His people. From time to time we will put out specific prayer requests, in fact, we have a special Facebook group just for this that you can request to be a part of here: Camp Piankatank Prayers. However, you can always pray that lives will be changed through the ministry here, that campers and guests will be protected from any kind of harm, and most importantly that God will be glorified in all that we do.
In your prayers, please consider how you might be able to financially benefit Camp Piankatank. As a 501(c)(3), all donations are tax deductible. At the bottom of this page you’ll see an on-going list of projects we are working toward that you can partner with us on. We would not be able to fully support this ministry without many generous donors that continue to see the benefits that we provide. You can choose to support our summer missionaries, our scholarship program, one of the projects below, or just a general donation that we can use at our discretion towards any number of things. One of the major things that we are particularly in need of is an additional meeting space. Please prayerfully consider how you might be able to help the ministry here at Camp Piankatank. If you have any questions or would like to inquire about how you can donate to camp please contact us at the e-mail above. You can also make a recurring or one-time donation using the button at the bottom of this page.
Finally, in your prayers, consider how you might be able to volunteer at Camp Piankatank. Just as in our donations, we would not be able to provide such a rich and beautiful environment if not for the help of our many volunteer groups (and individuals). There are always repairs to be made, things to be painted, projects to be built, boo-boos to band aid by camp nurses, and beautification to be done. Whether you have any specialty skills (carpentry, plumbing, electrical, etc.) or not, we can always use help around camp. Below is a list of projects that will be updated as necessary. If you would like to financially sponsor any of the projects, that would be great. If you’re not able to don’t worry, because we will provide all the materials necessary for the jobs you would like to do. If you have any questions or would like to inquire about a time to come volunteer, you can also contact us at the e-mail above.
Thank you in advance for all your prayers, consideration, and gifts.
- New Gaga pit
- Renovate two older cabins (upgrade electric, add water/sewer, winterize, etc.)
- Raise two utility poles for a new activity
- Apply epoxy floor in Krowe Hall
- Clean up Nature trail (clear trees, cut trail, place markers, build bridge, etc.)
- Powerwash all buildings
- Weed flower beds
- Spread mulch
- Cut down dead trees
- Replace roof on the Portugal cabin
- Replace light fixtures on Dining Hall porch
- Build serving tables for Dining Hall
- Paint Dining Hall
- Renovate focal wall in Dining Hall (remove wainscoting, turn electric and water outlets around for coffee maker, paint)
- Expand pavilion (pour concrete foundation, set anchors for railroad ties, expand roof, etc.)
- Renovate the back of Krowe Hall
- Renovate Camp Office
- New indoor activity center and meeting space
- Bathroom beautification. Right now our bathrooms are pretty bland. A friendly color, pictures on the walls, etc would be nice.
Equipment and other Purchases to be made:
- Epoxy for Krowe Hall
- Equipment for Bazooka Ball
- New well for water testing
- New cover for pool
- Resurface pool
- Large pop-up tent for additional temporary meeting space
Click the button below to donate to Camp Pianktank via PayPal!